Saturday, December 18, 2010

PE7_Flash and Vuvox

Below, I will first show you how far I got with Flash because I am really proud of myself. 


Next,  wanted to share two different things I have been learning this week. Mostly, my focus has been on Flash, but I became really bored with the voice of the trainer so I decided to take a break from Flash. I explored other software tutorials on Lynda. I had heard of Vuvox before, and decided to explore this 2.0 tool. I was really excited when I started watching the tutorials, but as I began to create my own collage, but the first problem I encountered was that I could only upload 3 images to the work area. I did try to upload more at first, but it would not let me save and didn’t tell me why. The directions didn’t tell me why it wouldn’t save either, so I experimented. It would only save if there were only 3 images. Later in the tutorials though, it looked like they used more. I'll have to work on that some more.
Next, I learned (again the hard way) that wherever you cutout to place the media, it must be level and you cannot tilt it until later.




The irritating part of using this program is that it takes FOREVER to upload even small media, then the processing time takes equally as long.
I also learned from the Vuvox tutorial that saving media in an online account such as Picasa, Smugmug, or Flickr can be very useful. I like that my media can be accessed anywhere by me to be used in my creations. These online accounts also link up with Vuvox instantly so the downloading problem isn’t there because media such as short video clips can be linked to easily.
It is nice that the tutorial says that only mp3 audio can be used, but I still don’t know what kind of videos can be added! I usually work with .mov type of video, but as far as I can tell, I can’t seem to be able to use it. Clips or videos from UTUBE will work, so maybe I need to upload to that first, them bring in my videos from UTUBE. 
The tutorials also showed many ways to use the collage feature like linking it to Ebay to sell things, and linking to collections of art or videos.
Below is my completion certificate for Vuvox.
I am still working on Flash.

















No comments:

Post a Comment